Hi happydayz,My attention was caught by this part of your...

1. 16,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    Hi happydayz,

My attention was caught by this part of your post:
    "Zombie existence, look at the young people now. Not exactly happy or hopeful, all no communicative self indulged, why, because things are just too hard."

I hope it's not as bad as that, although I'm not blind to the promoted images of young people in programs, advertising and so on. I suppose it's pretty clear that many young people would be demoralised if they can't get a job and worry about their future. I don't know what proportion that would be though.
    I think back to my own life in late teens, early 20s and while I was probably atypical in many ways, I don't remember that kind of general demoralisation. The young are usually optimistic by nature, I hope they are, there still a lot to be optimistic about. This is still a country with huge potential for giving opportunity, if we get better leadership. I think we have been going through a leadership slump for a good while, it seems to go in cycles on both sides of politics. Let's hope the cycle turns up for a change, we get back to basics and organise ourselves to achieve the things that matter, like housing & jobs, instead of what might be called the passing trends.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.