damn your vid doesn't play pints.The former CEO of ANSTO said it...

1. 43,581 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642

damn your vid doesn't play pints.

The former CEO of ANSTO said it appeared the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) had come to “believe their own narrative” and was not subjecting it to independent review and scrutiny.

“This is deeply worrying and I felt it was my duty to bring it to the attention of the Prime Minister and to seek to engage him from the point of view of engineering facts and a reasonable set of scenarios for the future,” he said.

Dr Paterson pointed out the “specific strategic objective” of the AEMO CEO was to achieve 100 intermittent penetration of renewables in the grid as soon as he possibly can.

“The person keeping our lights on cannot have that as his job,” the energy expert said.

“We need to have the strategic objective as affordable, always on, low-cost electricity for the people of Australia and the decarbonisation of the grid over the longer term.”

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/weve-lost-the-plot-top-energy-scientist-adi-paterson-warns-push-for-renewables-could-undermine-integrity-of-electricity-grid/news-story/92cdf6875a3a84c113a824b95ecb4d03. SkyNews.com.au

the underlined point he repeats often, along with "we've lost the plot". is overblown and inappropriate. he clearly has an anti-renewables mindset.

I'm ok with nuclear as he describes. nothing new in his answers. don't know what this has to do with ABC though. it's a good interview though. his central argument is at odds with Dutton's announcement. he expect a LSNP to take 12 years to construct. nothing on the cost.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.