abc the left stolen generation got the lot

1. 1,061 Posts.
    We've had a few threads this weekend about whether the ABC (as a news service) is biased.

We've discussed the influence of the Left and aboriginal issues and what may or may not be owed to them

Here's a read that draws it all together in a most fascinating manner

Read on........

The ABC repeats a convenient lie

Once again the ABC insists on an untruth:

Lowitja O’Donoghue is a prominent member of the Stolen Generations.

It is several years since O’Donoghue confessed to me she was wrong to have claimed to be a member of the “stolen generations�. The truth is quite simple - her father dumped her and four siblings at Colebrook Home, and shot through, never to see them again. She was not stolen, but abandoned.

So why does the ABC keep repeating a lie? And why is O’Donoghue now demanding compensation from the state, if not for her than the “stolen generations?

To look at her own history, the two missionaries who took her in - Sister Rutter and Sister Hyde - did a marvelous job in not just saving her, but giving her a brilliant future. They deserve her thanks, not these distortions and demands for compensation.

UPDATE

If the ABC won’t hear if from me, then let it hear it from O’Donoghue herself:

I now prefer to use the term ’removed‘.

Even that, of course, is not accurate. Judge not just from Colebrook’s record of admission, but from what O’Donoghue told me of her father’s decision to dump her and her siblings:

“He wanted to move on . . . he didn’t want to be straddled with five kids,� the former Australian of the Year said, sobbing. “I haven’t forgiven him.�

Dr O’Donoghue’s nephew, Professor Paul Hughes of Flinders University, confirmed that to say Dr O’Donoghue was stolen would not “be technically right in a pedantic way�.

“In a technical sense, if someone’s being brought in (to a children’s home by their parents) you can’t say they were stolen,� he said.

Unless, of course, you are from the ABC.

AB 02.07.07

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.