When I was young and living in the country, the ABC was our main...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    When I was young and living in the country, the ABC was our main source of news and information, as was very common. The commercial stations were for lighter stuff, and entertainment.

ABC current affairs TV (I remember Bill Peach when he anchored This Day tonight) was considered a prime source of reliable information.

Fast forward a few decades. Last night I was about to switch off the channel I was watching (satellite) and hit the ABC for a second. There were about six commentators sitting at a long desk, laughing their heads off. I wondered what was so funny, so watched for a few minutes. They showed background pictures of Abbott And Putin, and many pictures of ISIS at their deadly work, all kinds of atrocities going on. The panel could not hold their mirth. Curious, I watched a bit longer. The falling about continued and so did the pictures of horror.

The only conclusion I could come to was the panel had a combined IQ of about 25. They were laughing in a manner reminiscent of a small child. It was inane stuff, cringeworthy, embarrassing, horrific really, and I had a hope that nobody else was watching it. Especially any parents so our soldiers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.