AVE 0.00% 0.2¢ avecho biotechnology limited

abc to feature poh on landline, page-63

1. 3,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 303
    Dear factor,

Your post raises a number of points worthy of a response.

One the one hand you note that rampers try and create a false impression so as to drive up the price. Then you substantially write about the absence of evidence and the lack of novelty and infer that should temper any "cheer-squad". Finally, you conclude your post writing, "I bought in recently because of their pain products more than anything. In that I see solid value in a known market. Share price has dropped over the year even though there is now more opportunity and less risk, so looked like a good time."

There are a number of points that need to be made on your reasoning.

Firstly, I haven't read any post that makes me think someone is ramping the hell out of the stock. Maybe I am a fool. Perhaps my comprehension skills are lacking. You certainly read light hearted banter and plenty of people testing what they know or don't know with what other posters know or don't know in an attempt to critically examine, learn and appraise.

I am prepared to rely on the judgment of management as to what they publish on their science and potential outcomes. We all know that somethings are better left unpublished to the market. Frustrating yes, but I am about the destination- shareholder wealth. If it doesn't head towards shareholder wealth and greater societal benefit I don't want the company to look at it, advertise it, surmise it or claim it.

As you your point about the mastitis study, all holders would agree that if it is a magic cure or not, yet it is effective simply because the benefits are delivered more effectively that is good enough! You can call it uninspiring, bland, arcane, I don't care- I just hope it succeeds! Of course, the study/ies will reveal all. Comparability to current treatment is vital to success.

That gets back to your point about ramping and evidence or lack thereof. The reason the POH posters write is because of the lack of information. Many posters put forward a theory and wait for comment to test the theory. That then leads onto my earlier point about relying on the judgment of management. I don't need the company to advertise its formulae to the world and diminish the prospects of maximising shareholder wealth.

Finally, you bought because of "their pain products more than anything..." It seems strange that you attack the MMA branch and lack of novelty and science etc. yet buy on pains what, novelty and science? The pain side of the business is unproven as much as the mastitis side of the business. I don't understand, perhaps you simply hate cows.

Also, you see value in a known market- what doesn't mastitis have a market? Is that why the USDA is getting involved?

On your "more opportunity less risk" point, the risk is the same the shareprice upside is greater. If you invest $5,000.00 @ 12c you get more shares than if you invest $5,000.00 @ 14c. The risk of success doesn't increase, nor does your risk of failure.

All any poster can do is have a laugh or try and test their thoughts. If you think ramping is going on or holders buy and sell because of a posters musings on HC, heaven help them. All posters know that time will bring the strands of this cable together.

As an aside, the company doesn't stand or fall on one branch, that is the beauty of POH.

It reminds me of Pollock CB who stated in R v Exall [1866] EngR 22; 176 ER 850; (1866) 4 F & F 922 that,

It has been said that circumstantial evidence is to be considered as a chain, and each piece of evidence is a link in the chain, but that is not so, for then, if any one link breaks, the chain would fail. It is more like the case of a rope comprised of several cords. One strand of cord might be insufficient to sustain the weight, but three stranded together may be quite of sufficient strength. Thus it may be in circumstantial evidence - there may be a combination of circumstances, no one of which would raise a reasonable conviction , or more than a mere suspicion; but the whole taken together may create a conclusion of guilt with as much certainty as human affairs can require or admit of.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.