MNQ 0.00% 0.0¢ minquest limited

Good morning all, A couple of points. The idea of a better pain...

1. 709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 277
    Good morning all,
    A couple of points.
    The idea of a better pain score is terrific. Lots of work in the area trying to better the current methods. Literally thousands of papers re this in all patient groups from children to adults and special groups. An improvement would be welcome.
    However.
    I note that there is little to no information (lots of aspirational language) about the facial recognition component of the system and how it adds to the accuracy or if it works at all. The only info I can find is that the phone version works as well as the current standard system (ie no better but on a phone so easier to use - little advance I think). They do not say what the App is clearly (ie does it have lots of questions or is it only the facial recognition? Very important to know. Seems to me they have been careful not to clarify this and in any event where are any figures or data re the accuracy). If there are lots of questions in the app then how much does the facial recognition part improve the performance?
    Their website says that within 10 sec the App will tell you if your child is in pain. Yet they say the app is still to be developed. A little confusing. Have they done the studies to back up their web claim? I hope so. Would love to see them. No published data I can find. I did find reference to a computer based research tool that does similar detection that is free I think.
    There is a long way to go to get this approved through the regulators, especially the FDA, unless it is really only putting current pain scores onto a phone or electronic record system with the facial recognition being an add on rather than the pivot point.
    Could be a nice gimmick on the App Store.
    None of this means it can not make money as it lists. Just thoughts on the technology. Much more info is needed. Let's see if we get it when the raise documents come out.
    Cheers all

Please note I post only for the recreation. No advice is ever intended or should be taken from my ramblings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.