"I don't believe the media has enough accountability. Much of...

1. Enn
    1,463 Posts.
    "I don't believe the media has enough accountability. Much of the protection journos enjoy was established to help inform the public in matters of public interest .........
    Today we have the media abusing these legal privileges for the sake of ratings or for political motivations, most of which have no real public interest factors."

I strongly agree with this. A case in point was this morning's "Breakfast" program on Radio National where Fran Kelly, Alison Carabine and Paul Bongiorno ( all well known Left afficionados) were apopleptic in their excitement over some volunteer treasurer of the Federal Liberal Party sending out a letter which suggested he might resign.
    Really? Enough for the above trio to excitedly announce that this is the latest CRISIS for the government????

They kept on about it for most of the three hours of the program.
    And then at lunchtime, "The World Today" was similarly agog with editorialised commentary from the Senate meeting where Gillian Triggs was being questioned. Ms Triggs was, of course , duly labelled as abused, not given due right of reply, interrupted, yada yada.
    Any discussion of her 'faulty memory' where, after declaring she had never had any discussions with any Labor members about even the possibility of an enquiry, later 'remembered' that oops, she had actually had a bit of a chat to Mr Bowen and Mr Burke.

What a farce the ABC has become.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.