Dust, Glug and others: let me give you one small example of how...

1. Enn
    1,463 Posts.
    Dust, Glug and others: let me give you one small example of how the bias works.

ABC Local Radio have a program called "Sunday Night" hosted by John Cleary. His views are ardently Left, (let all refugees in, all muslims make a wonderful contribution to Australia, etc etc., ) and he has various guests, all of whom, guess what? agree with him in every way. It is a veritable love in of the Left.

One night, after hearing caller after caller agree with the two who were agreeing with each other about the evils of the government, and each notching up the description of that evil a bit more and a bit more, I phoned in an attempt to offer a contrary view.

The producer asked what I wanted to say and I outlined the question of "as long as we are having boat arrivals completely absorb the time and attention of Immigration, we are unable to fulfil our obligations to our Humanitarian Refugee Program which should be admitting people who have waited years, proven refugees, in squalid camps throughout the world."

Producer's response: OK, I'll take that as a comment. Thanks for calling. The he hung up.

And btw it's offensive of you to suggest that, simply because a member criticises the ABC for bias, that ipso facto determines that member to be a "Tony Lover". Just immature and silly.
    Last edited by Enn: 25/02/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.