"Dolcevita I am afraid I disagree." No need to be afraid. Just...

1. 30,279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1822
    "Dolcevita I am afraid I disagree."

No need to be afraid. Just state your case clearly without prejudice.

A " grown woman " or a " grown man" would realise that being so emotive with such a delicate subject is very immature.

But was she really emotive? From the transcript she was quite logical. What you seem to object to is she was strong in the way she expressed her opinion.

As I pointed out earlier, if a woman does this she is perceived as "emotional" where if a man does it he is seen to be "strong".

You just don't get it do you?

As for "such a delicate subject"

Huh? Rigorous discussion is what is happening here and with Freedman and Abetz, who thought he could get away with making an unquantified vague slur about abortion.

Freedman was entirely logical and called him to account.

Delicate subject! Haha. Listen mate, there is nothing delicate about the fact that men have been bullying women for centuries about sexual and reproductive matters, and women are expected to just take it, and have the baby no matter what the consequences or her circumstances.

Delicate? Absurd remark! Your choice of language is revealing yourself to be from another age.

It might be awkward and uncomfortable for you, and make you feel a bit squeamish but that's your problem.
    Can I assume you don't have a womb? Can I also assume you waited outside or went to the pub when your wife was laboring away giving birth? It is a squeamish business indeed, when you refuse to accept that it isn't your womb to control, and you just wish the bloody business would just disappear out of sight and we talk about it in euphemisms with distant tut-tutting..

"It is not appropriate for a potential PM to have poor diction of such a fundamental nature. There is nothing inappropriate about my character thank you."

Pompous rubbish. "Aich" vs "Haitch"?

You're onto the big issues there! LOL!

Did you notice I used the abbreviation of "you are"? I am also proficient in the use of "their" and "there" . Bonus points!!

What is inappropriate about your character, that you refuse to accept, so I'll spell it out again, is that you show yourself incapable of putting your pretensions about pronounciation (and I assume, spelling) aside to actually listen to the substance of what is being said.

BTW I'm a real stickler for good spelling and use of and clear, accurate pronounciation myself, BUT I understand the importance of giving others the respect to put that aside and try to understand the SUBSTANCE of what's being said.

Surely poor pronounciation or word usage doesn't make them unworthy. What kind of pronounciation did Chifley have? Bob Hawke? Appalling. But they were unquestionably worthy PMs.

On the other hand you get private school ponces like Alexander Downer, George Brandis or Christopher Pyne who speak very well, when the substance of what they say is often rubbish.

Brandis most recently has demonstrated himself incapable of getting across the essentials of his portfolio and has made an utter goat of himself over the attempted changes to s.18C of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.

"Aich" vs "Haitch" anyone?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.