RTG 8.33% 3.9¢ rtg mining inc.

ABG to meet with SMLOLA for talks on Panguna and Mining Act amendments

1. 246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39

PRESS RELEASE

18 JULY 2019

THE SMLOLA WELCOMES BOUGAINVILLE GOVERNMENT’S COMMITMENT TO PANGUNA TALKS

Mr Philip Miriori said in reference to the Post Courier article today (https://postcourier.com.pg/bville-govt-open-talks-mine-amendments/) that,

“The Special Mining lease Osikaiyang Landowners Association (“SMLOLA”) welcomes the Mining Minister’s Statement that the Autonomous Bougainville Government (“ABG”) is now prepared to discuss Panguna with the SMLOLA to try and find a resolution of this important issue. Reconciliation is vital at this critical time. If the Minister is genuine and I believe he is, this is the first positive step forward towards reconciliation after many years of trying to have a meeting. We are committed to working with the ABG and really appreciate the Minister’s invitation.”

Mr Miriori said the ABG does not appear to have a full understanding of the Panguna Landowners proposal and we believe this meeting will be the first step in clarifying any misunderstanding.

Mr Miriori said:

“The Panguna Landowners are offering to transfer to the ABG and all the people of Bougainville, 100% of Panguna. Secondly, the Landowners proposal is for the ABG to issue the Panguna License to this 100% ABG owned entity and operate the mine, in a fair, world’s best, corporate partnership.”

“It’s important that any ABG Panguna proposal has Landowner support as if there is one thing the history of Panguna screams loudest, it is the critical need for Landowner support and harmony.”

Again, we look forward to meaningful and fruitful dialogue with our Mining Minister and ABG as soon as possible. We are here to help and work co-operatively with the ABG – we just need genuine and open dialogue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RTG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
0.003(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $42.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.8¢ 3.9¢ 3.7¢ $43.19K 1.147M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 950000 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 100839 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.8¢
  Change
0.003 ( 5.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.7¢ 3.9¢ 3.7¢ 131881
Last updated 15.58pm 08/05/2024 ?
RTG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.