PDY 0.00% 0.7¢ padbury mining limited

I've been amused by so many posts over the last few days, and...

1. 342 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 222
    I've been amused by so many posts over the last few days, and think it's probably time to post SOMETHING.

1/ PDY is not a blue-chip share, so why do people think this is zero risk, or that they are not to blame for making an investment decision? I hold and that's my choice. People looking to make a quick-buck or day-trade can (and sometimes will) be burnt - bad luck - hopefully for all of us this doesn't turn pear-shaped. However, if what was announced initially isn't true, then the Directors will pay (as will shareholders). That's life.

2/ Project finance will be an interesting point, and many of these type of funding vehicles are done with a long-term plan rather than needing to be repaid in the short term. Investors want a return, sure, but do you think LNG projects would get off the ground if you needed to repay immediately? Think again. You do, however, need customers to be signed up (probably to long term contracts) and a good projected long term return - hopefully PDY have this.

3/ Even if interest rates overseas are 1%, don't forget that project costs incurred will be largely in AUD, therefore the foreign currency arbitrage will disappear as you hold FX risk and the like, and will need to probably do some swapping, hedging, etc.

Now I shall go back to my life, and come back later once people have abused, slain, mocked and otherwise defamed me and this stock.

Happy times.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.