BLR 0.00% 0.2¢ black range minerals limited

ablation visit...., page-9

1. 5,677 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Jay18, here's the post in question, I've ( texted hidden ) to that may have caused the moderation concern, hopefully the site Mods allow this edited version.

The following is a review of my visit to Ablation Technologies. Please note, I'm good friends with Alex Molyneux and highly respect his business judgement. Therefore, I'm biased towards liking Ablation. Having said that, I truly like what I saw today.

Alex brought with him 3 people, 2 of which are really big fish. 1 from Singapore and 1 from Hong Kong. ****************************************
    ****************************************************************************

The excitement at Ablation in Casper, WY is running high. The company has a 100-ton October stockpile on site and is going to run it through the 5tph semi-commercial unit in coming weeks. Importantly, some October ore was already run through the 0.5tph pilot unit and it did quite well. Management is confident that the bulk sample will do well in the 5tph unit.

The 5tph is pretty much ready, and is fully constructed, but management is waiting on a few non-Ablation specific process components. They want to demonstrate the technology from beginning to end, leaving nothing to the imagination of observers. I saw the 5tph unit in operation, but not actually Ablating ore, just testing it with sand. The machine runs very quietly and smoothly.

The 100-ton October sample will probably not be run through on a continuous basis because management wants to calibrate the equipment and do tests that will better prepare the unit for running subsequent bulk samples of deposits from around the world.

One private north African company has retained SRK to produce a report, perhaps a PEA, I can't remember, that uses Ablation. SRK visited Ablation last week and I heard the meeting went well. ***********************************************************

USE OF WATER- Not a problem for the Ablation units. ~80% recovery and recycling of process water. The water that does exit the closed system leaves as part of the concentrated ore that gets shipped to a mill.

SCALE-UP ECONOMIES- moving for example from a 5tph unit to a 100tph unit entails ~4x-5x increase in capital for a 20x increase in throughput. This is better than I had hoped for. Ablation envisions commercial scale units of 20tph to 100tph, with 40tph-50tph the sweet spot.

SOURCING OF KEY COMPONENTS- Sourcing of pumps, motors and screens, among other things, has been logistically difficult, but I believe it will get A LOT better starting next year. Ablation has been a bit cautious in ordering parts for the 5tph unit. Why?

As a private company, Ablation is doing exactly what it should. It prudently takes as much time as is necessary to make decisions. Since the 5tph unit is the first of its kind, Ablation is trying multiple materials for select parts. For example, the all-important nozzles have been machine fabricated, and also made of ceramics, to see what will work best. The same for the motors and pumps.

5tph unit works on multiple ores.

Hopefully the above edited version is O'K.

Cheers, thanks a mill GUNSS :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.