BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

It is fun exposing the mantra-chanting duet who do not know how...

1. 830 Posts.
    It is fun exposing the mantra-chanting duet who do not know how to read accounts.

Quoting the bird: Abobo has constantly been canning BTA and stating excessive cash burn. DOESNT LOOK LIKE IT TO ME

The poor bird has no idea how to read a set of accounts and could not tell what the cash burn rate is.

Quoting his twin ignoramus: BTA in my eyes have a VERY BRIGHT FUTURE, they have CASH, CASHFLOW, and a very prospective clinical program in late stage trial. All for under $100m!

“CASHFLOW!!” chirped one bird!! “That’s exactly what I think” thundered the echo.

WOW!! LOL! The birds could not tell an underlying negative cashflow from a positive cashflow. Biota booked an operating cash flow of $0.6 million in the first half period. The cooked cozy settlement resulted in a $20m payment against a $7.264 m litigation costs outflow - a net positive cash flow of $12.736 million. Strip out this abnormal and the underlying cash flow for the first half was $12.136 million nett outflow. Put simply, when we set aside the litigation income and litigation costs, the cash balance was reducing on average by more than $2 million a month. That's right bird - an underlying cash outflow of more than $2million a month.

(After stripping out the $20m abnormal revenue) what is the company’s revenue for the half year? "WOW – that’s a whooping $13.561 million" cried the euphoric birds.

That’s right bird. A nett $12.136 million cash outflow for a revenue of $13.561 million revenue. Is that an impressive cash flow for you?

I rest my case.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.