Aboriginal elders want return to physical tribal punishments, page-44

1. 83,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

Philosophy to me is in the mind and the soul - you can learn it - but, you are either born it or not born it I reckon.

without ever having read plato or socrates or any of them --

over the years I wrote hundreds of sayings

what's interesting is that they are the same as many of the sayings from plato and the like

thankfully on some like Socrates - some of his darker ones - not too many

so, what I concluded from that is that either these guys really are as common as ducks poop ----------- or I share some of the ways that they observe, think and process

what's interesting is that tiny kids ------------ are natural philosophy students

all of them -------------- when you see a kid just really not all that long out of nappies - creating havoc in public on a little bike with training wheels on and little coloured things flying on it - it's often wearing a pink dress and helmet or it's a boy doing his best to run over seagulls or go as fast as he can -

what we are observing is a tiny philosopher - racing about at light speed - observing, questioning, trying to make sense of all they see, hear and smell

trying to get a meaning out of it

of course - what we then do is our best to kill that curiosity stone motherless dead - and, we use a whole variety of tools to enact the murder

oh - those kids are also natural artists --------- they aren't just mindlessly trying to copy what we call reality - the image of the camera -

they are putting marks on paper or similar - to show their perception of the world as they see it, hear it, smell it and feel it

we kill that off as well

then, we wonder why they break into houses and steal stuff - and hurt people

ask not where the problem lies with children --------- the problem lies with us

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.