aborigines drinking royalties on booze, page-87

1. Up
    1,167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I agree with others, that Aboriginals haven't had thousands of years of alcohol in their system to be able to genetically handle it. But it doesn't make them any the lesser person because of it.

If alcohol did to white people what it does to blacks it would be classified as a narcotic and banned....like Heroin, LSD and Amphetamines etc. To expect the culture to change from within is near impossible. I congratulate those communities that have taken the steps to ban alcohol (thou members do get access to alcohol via long drives).

I wish more 'do gooders' would spend time assisting Australian Aboriginals, instead of going off to Africa or Asia to build houses, supply food or medical treatments. If they visited our remote communities they'd understand just how dysfunctional they are.....and would be alarmed.... and their outrage may actually make politicians do something practical.

Thing is...it's to the politician's advantage to maintain the myth that Aboriginals require privacy on their communities ...many Australian's don't realise that you need a permit to drive thru these areas ...often with the explicit instructions 'not to enter the village'. How is such 'isolationist' policies ever going to encourage assimilation.

All it does is provide a convenient excuse to allow the real activities of these remote communities to remain hidden from the public...shame on you politicians ...shame.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.