I agree 100%I was saddened to hear on the run up to starting the...

1. 282 Posts.
    I agree 100%
    I was saddened to hear on the run up to starting the new Indigenous TV Channel on Foxtel that over 90% of white Australians have never had an Aboriginal friend.
    How can others possibly understand or know how to respond to a culture that they nothing about. I didn't realise that my life was very different to most average Australians until I first posted on this site a few days ago, I had already posted for a while on the financial pages. Both me & my brother or my brother & I knew & befriended quite a few Aboriginal families ranging from full tribal to 1/4 cast some whom became among the best friends we still have, seeing many prosper when given the chance & education. As they are now the first to admit, things need changing in the NT but it can only be done by others in their society or at least from people who understand the problems relating to Aboriginal people.
    There are different ways & means in life to handle most problems but what they're doing now is definitely NOT the right course of action.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.