cerhob- I see you are still going on this. I waited for you to...

1. 282 Posts.
    cerhob- I see you are still going on this. I waited for you to come back last night as I already posted for your reply.
    Most full blood persons, whether it be Aboriginal or Itanian or Australian or whatever would get offended if you asserted they were anything but pure. I was refering, as you well know, to the various Aboriginal families we grew up with, I also told you it ranged from Tribal to quater cast, some of the Tribal leaders would not accept back into their community a member who decided to have a child with anyone not Aboriginal, terms for half quarter etc were the norm, even many Aboriginal people use the term to describe themselves.
    It was unfortunately used by some in the community as a form of insult.
    Unless I knew the Aboriginal person or the family etc I would treat them with respect, I would never ask their purity, the same as I wouldn't ask anybody elses, if they were black, white or brindle. To me it has never mattered & I can't ever imagine that it will. There are good & bad in all societies. Two families in particular we are proud now to know 5 generations.
    Unfortunately Aboriginal blood dies out when paired with other than other Aboriginal blood, this is why there are some that take a hard line.
    The Aboriginal families we grew up with as I said before were from a broad range, ranging from full tribal to once twice thrice etc removed hence the term cast. It NEVER refers to a full blood Aboriginal & why it is regarded by them an insult.
    It is a shame that many white people only know what they have read in books about Aboriginal people, they are a very proud, noble & honorable people, they have a great sense of humour but to try & say they all think the same & have the same ideas is like saying all white people think the same, it just aint so.
    Anyway cerhob unless you were somehow trying to show in some way I was being rude or insulting to Aboriginal people I don't know.
    But I can tell you one thing I can't think of one of those Aboriginal friends I would swap for a thousand of you & that's a fact.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.