BB- They really do have a claim to the place.Colour can be...

1. 282 Posts.
    BB- They really do have a claim to the place.
    Colour can be different even within a family, my brother & I were often referred to as white honky, great white whales[big blokes] we had pet names for them that I won't put on here as someone will try to make something of it but we had a ball, everyone knew it was all in fun. There's no way I'd go up to anyone of any nationality & use a nickname for them as of someone else that I was really good friends with, there we're quite a few who looked upon us as brothers as we did with them. None of the guys were fair weathered friends, we just all knew we'd back eachother up, not that some of them needed backing up, 2 in particular went on to be great boxers.
    Unfortunately we also saw the worst part which was prejudice, some white people would go out of their way to goad, insult them, bash them if separated, even throw glass at them, even rape sometimes, it was far from easy for them growing up but most of the trouble & prejudice came from tourists or passers by. If we lost it was only usually through numbers, I don't see as much prejudice around now [thank christ] but there will always be the die hards who hates everyone at some time or another, I just wished they could have gone through what some of these guys & girls went through, they may then realise that people are basically the same with the same emotions no-matter what the colour of their skin is. I'm proud to call many friends.
    Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.