I'll save you the effort Banjar here's the copy. Outrages stuff...

1. 1,269 Posts.
    I'll save you the effort Banjar here's the copy. Outrages stuff mate and I'm sure I've made you aware of this before.

Dateline:
    http://news.sbs.com.au/dateline/diary.php?userid=6&diaryID=12

UNDERCOVER ON BATAM ISLAND, INDONESIA: 27 March 2005
    It's mind-boggling. I've spent two and a half weeks (so far) putting together a story about forced child prostitution... sexual slavery. I have done countless interviews ranging from the deputy police chief to a former "mami" (madam) but haven't been able to openly film any underage girls yet. And no one in authority wants to admit there are child prostitutes here. There are plenty around, but they are under strict surveillance and I look a little suspicious hanging out in brothels. I've donned a hidden camera a couple of times and gone to brothels with social workers -- which is how I met Lina and Diana.

They are both 14 years old, and from the same village in Java. Along with 10 other girls, they thought they were coming to sell bread, but were sold to a brothel. They don't know where the other 10 girls are. Both Lina and Diana lost their virginity in the brothel -- apparently they are not menstruating yet and they have sex with 4 to 5 customers a night. The horrifying thing is that their situation is not uncommon here.

In the past 2 weeks, a local NGO has located Lina's father in Java. He is dirt poor and begged them to help him. He is hopefully flying in tomorrow to come and try to take his daughter and her friend home. I feel like I have been waiting months for the father to come. Lina doesn't know he is coming.

It is incredibly frustrating here - no more than a handful of people seem to give a toss about the situation of thousands of children here. I have spent a large part of my time here waiting for Lina and Diana to escape or be rescued. Hopefully tomorrow is the day.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.