Abortions per year in Oz = up to 100000 per annum.Adoptions in...

1. 1,198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    Abortions per year in Oz = up to 100000 per annum.
    Adoptions in Oz per year = <100 per year.
    Waiting list for adopting parents (who would obviously ensure that the baby is NOT unwanted or unloved) = approx 10yrs I believe (or if less it is still a y long time)

Cost of Abortion = Free (on Medicare)
    Cost of IVF (parents desparate for what others will "flush down the toilet") = $10's of thousands.

Yep, all makes sense to me.......

Yes, make them have the baby - its only 9 months (less than that from when they know or care).

#1 reason for Abortion in OZ = Inconvenience

Why not lay the responsibility on the father (equally or moreso than on the mother)? Political weakness - think how many votes going down the toilet along with the babies if this were suggested! BUT, this would make a bloke think twice before "dipping the wick".......

I think, Macrae, that by the time a pregnancy is confirmed (even at 3-4 weeks from conception) it is somewhat more human by any standard than a hair follicle (it probably has hair follicles).
    Abortion your way ("as early as possible") is already happening all the time as many of the current contraceptives act this way some or much of the time - no-one knows (or cares) to find out exactly how often - by the mechanism of preventing implantation of the fertilized zygote (becoming less like a hair follicle by the minute!).

Just some thoughts.
    Howl away all you value-free "liberated" humanists....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.