And how one earth did you arrive at this conclusion?'At almost...

1. 25,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    And how one earth did you arrive at this conclusion?

'At almost 700,000 strong, Australia's Indian diaspora, comprising both Australians of Indian origin and Indians resident in Australia, makes a significant contribution to Australia's society and economy they are the second highest taxpaying diaspora, behind the British.'

I don't know if it is correct, but I have never heard that 'Indians are the second highest taxpaying diaspora, behInd Britain'. Since I have never heard or seen this statement before, please provide absolute proof thereof. If you can't provide such absolute proof please discard your statement into the nearest garbage bin. And if true, how far behind Britain are these India migrants in paying their tax.

Does the ATO actually keep such records,and do such records, if they actually exist,apply to all those migrants who came to this country from various countries e.g. China, Italy,Malta,UK,Germany etc. etc.? If so we should be able to determine how much tax these residents from various countries provide to the Australian Tax Offiice, not only in total but on a per person basis.

Furthermore, why would the ATO go to all the trouble of collecting such information?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.