about co2 levels in the air..., page-68

1. 5,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Mr h,

The untruth teller word did indeed cross my mind as I read your post.

Reduced biodiversity has already been documented arising from AGW. However we have wiped out many species through ignorance and greed as well.

Reduced crop yields

Denialists have indeed covered this with a mixture of the usual lies and ignorance. CO2 fertilisation is not as clear cut as you might imagine.

http://news.mongabay.com/2006/0629-crops.html

The Indians are seriously worried about retreating glaciers affecting the reliability of their water supplies. The Gympie water supply is unlikely to be affected. I have plans to augment my own supply with another water tank and I expect to further insulate my family from uncertain water supplies. You might delude yourself that AGW isn't happening but you are wrong. Overall, Himalayan glaciers are in retreat but you can charge your glass with clean water and drink to the denialists.

increasing sea levels

Your response to this one is real Pinocchio nose material. Sea levels are rising and those who choose to be canute about it will be getting wet.

oceanic thermal expansion

Several hundred metres deep may be what you call a thin layer. You can calculate the expansion yourself provided you trust coefficient of expansion data.

increased ocean acidification.

A clever man like you Mr h could think this one through. At least some past rises in atmospheric CO2 followed natural warmings. This one is different. We are loading the oceans with our filthy carbon pollution and it has the potential to blast back at us. As AGW continues, the oceans will turn from a nett absorber of the filth and start degassing. What then Mr h?

predicted weather patterns

Why don't you actually look at the predictions and see just how many of them are coming to sad fruition?

http://www.climatechangeinaustralia.gov.au/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.