NIC 2.41% 81.0¢ nickel industries limited

Today will be a nice day for NIC and other Nickel Stocks...

1. 283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3

Today will be a nice day for NIC and other Nickel Stocks

https://www.copyright link/markets/equity-markets/nickel-booms-as-supply-deficit-looms-20190816-p52hvt

“If you believe that demand is going to grow as a result of the rise of electric vehicles, and that would be our house view, then the world is going to need more nickel from hard rock mines over the next five years.”

But Mr Hissey said investors needed to be aware that it could take some time for higher prices to filter through to the bottom lines of nickel miners.

“The nickel price may have spiked in the last month but that may take six months to fully translate to a company’s financial statements because of the timing of when you ship something versus the price and when you get the cheque for it.”

He said he preferred Independence Group, which also produces gold, over Western Areas as its Nova mine is relatively new and its minelife could be extended if there was success in exploration around the project.

“I also think being a little more diverse in having a share of Tropicana, the gold mine, does provide a little more investment stability for people who may have to wait a year for the exploration success but you get the benefit of the gold earnings.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NIC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
81.0¢
Change
-0.020(2.41%)
Mkt cap ! $3.471B
Open High Low Value Volume
82.0¢ 82.5¢ 80.5¢ $4.593M 5.652M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 146449 81.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
81.5¢ 108511 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NIC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.