BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

"You talked about the forced selling and how they have no regard...

1. 14,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 479
    "You talked about the forced selling and how they have no regard for the share price when this occurs. Can you explain the logic behind that...arnt they selling clients shares at huge losses? Thanks"

Instos don't care about clients funds. Instos are getting margin-called themselves. We are simply seeing DE-LEVERAGING in every stockmarket and currency market on a massive scale not seen in our lifetime. It's called a flight to cash. Their attitude is GET ME OUT. Price is irrelevant. This could go to 1c and it will not worry me. I keep buying because I see tremendous LONG TERM value.
    Some of the fund managers are in liquidation/wind up mode themselves. More than 50% of fund managers will be out of a job in 2009 as there will be no funds to manage. If clients want their money via redemption orders, the fund manager has no choice. He has to sell.
    Note my sentiment is ALWAYS.... LONG TERM BUY. That means I have no idea where the stock price is going in the short term. I maintain my sentiment. BBI is a LONG TERM BUY.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.