QAN 1.13% $7.13 qantas airways limited

ABQ - Anyone But Qantas, page-3

1. 842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 246
    I'll quickly add my experience because it seems to be a little different to the cancellation stories.

In May 2022, I booked a flight to London for 3 passengers flying out in April 2023 (so I booked as early as possible because it often proves a little cheaper).
    On the day before we flew (26th April,2023) I checked us all in and it went without a hitch. Checked a couple of times that night to ensure everything was fine and it was (we were displayed as "checked in").
    On the morning of the flight (so about 3 hours before we were to head to the airport) we received a phone message from Qantas to advise that they had over-booked and we would have to find another flight. Their offering included a plane to Sydney, another plane to Singapore, another plane to Dubai and a fourth plane to London.
    We took a different option and reached our destination a day late, so our outcome wasn't as devastating as the many examples I've heard and read about.

But here's the thing.
    Because we booked early, our tickets cost about $2,300 each.
    Out of curiosity I had a look and noted, about a month before we were due to fly out, that they were still taking bookings for our flight but customers were paying well north of $3,300 by this time.
    My contention is that Qantas saw an opportunity to make more money by taking bookings at, say, $3,300 with a view to getting as many of those customers on board as possible and kicking off the "$2300" customers at the end. They could make a $ 1,00 per customer that way.

As a follow up I provided a written complaint using their processes.
    I received acknowledgement of the complaint along with a reference number.
    About 6 weeks later I received an email from Quantas stating that they were pleased to have resolved my problem and asked me to score them out of ten for their resolution process.
    I gave them 1 (zero wasn't available) and have never heard anything since.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.