QAN 0.00% $6.10 qantas airways limited

ABQ - Anyone But Qantas, page-2

1. 10,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1381
    A very good email/letter. That covers the international situation.

Service on board QAN is variable, but often poor. Flight attendants act as if they're entitled, the reverse of the excellent attention on board most Asian/Middle Eastern carriers (and occasionally, though I've never been on one, even USA airlines such as United apparently).

I'm delighted to have not used Qantas (or OneStar) for years. Not only do I receive a better experience, but I save money. Win-win.

Federal MPs and Senators (and many State MPs) routinely accept membership from QAN and unlisted Virgin Australia for 'Chairman's Lounge/The Club. From memory just one Federal MP has declined.

They love the ability to network with other pollies, captains of industry and senior public servants away from prying eyes. (After all, many don't especially enjoy meeting Joe and Jane Public, despite what they might pretend).

I've been in the Chairman's Club a few times years ago: boring after a while. (The same jokes being repeated didn't help).

Corruption, pure and simple.

No wonder we lack proper fast trains between Melbourne and Sydney, and the latter and Brisbane (not to mention, aaah, Canberra and the Gold Coast).

The technology keeps improving with high speed railways, and overseas, there's even competition on routes like Milano to Roma (Italy not Queensland!)

But here, we silently put up with domestic airlines that constantly run late, deliver a crappy service with constricted seating, cancel numerous flights (some of which are the airline's fault, not too few air traffic controllers or bad weather) and charge us lots of moolah. Plus did I mention how you can't move about like one can on a European or Asian proper fast train?
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 02/09/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.10
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.939B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4085 $6.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.49 638 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.50am 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.12
  Change
0.000 ( 0.19 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.11 $6.12 $6.11 1010
Last updated 10.08am 04/06/2024 ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.