PRX 0.00% 0.3¢ prodigy gold nl

I like SLR as a producer, but I am only day trading it now until...

1. 13,820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3957
    I like SLR as a producer, but I am only day trading it now until the producers look like bottoming again.
    I only have interest in the gold sector despite this current weakness. There are many great companies I like but I am not buying because of the state of the western economies and I expect those that have large funding needs will continue to be avoided regardless of how good the assets are. ELM is a good example. Excellent asset but very large funding requirement well in excess of a billion dollars.
    Makes our $27 mill look like loose change.
    No way I will buy anything else right now, in fact I am tempted to short some sectors but prospects of a QE hold me back. I won't hold back after the next QE's effects wear thin.
    I am holding ABU purely because it is so undervalued IMO and because I believe it will continue to receive strong regular results that will continue to increase the fundamental value and because the funding needs will be very low. Also because its in one of the rare fundamentally strong sectors.
    I expect central bank buying will support the POG around the 1525-1530 level, so we may be near some sort of bottom again for the producers, but I won't call the bottom until I see it. The sector got hammered today.
    Hopefully the bargain hunters emerge before long in big enough numbers to turn the sector up but I think we need to see another strong bounce in the POG to give them the signal to buy.

I think the central banks will continue to buy gold because they know how bad a mess they are in and they know gold is their best protection when the sh.. hits the fan, and hit the fan it will.
    I also think they know they will have to go back to some sort of gold standard. The new Basel rules to give gold a 100% weighting as a reserve is a first step.

When the producers do turn back up, SLR will be my number 1 buy (only because I am holding all my ABU and I sold my SLR).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.353M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $525 175K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 27348360 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 16751194 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.