abuse in iraq, page-4

1. 2,146 Posts.
    Dave,
    Seems to be the way right now. Our side investigates everything down to how badly we hurt someones feelings and suddenly the standard that seems to be applid to the inmates in these prisons in Iraq during wartime is closer to that of how rich children in kindergarten in USA are supposed to be treated.

While their side hacks, burns, murders at will and are applauded, we are supposed to quietly accept that they are entitled to do it, with no complaint or comment from their sympathetic arab neighbours.

It is an example of how things can quickly run of the track during the political process.

My feeling is that the real target of these congressional hearings in George Bush.... And these Arab dictators are all desperate to somehow make the succesful prosecution of the war on terror very difficult if not impossible. It upsets their rice bowl.

For me, I will wait and see how it goes over the next few weeks.... A clearer picture is likely to emerge soon and then a more balanced judgement can be made...

Right now too much froth and bubble.

Remember the big noise about Jenin and the supposed Israeli massacre of innocent Palestineans that never occured....
    That went away very quickly, since it was just nonsense.

Anyway, that is my take on it right now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.