ABV 3.70% 5.6¢ advanced braking technology ltd

ABV Brakes for self driving trucks

1. 134 Posts.
    Dear Mr Sumner,

As an investor in ABV, I wrote to you when you released the polymer brakes.

Basically my question then was could you see if those brakes could be sold to those producing self-driving cars?

Yesterday when I read the news that Uber has taken over Otto, a company that is working on self -driving trucks, I wondered if there was an opportunity to get ABV truck brakes incorporated into those. As can been seen in the attached links, Uber will try to maximise the monetarisation of the vehicles and the most likely ways that they will do that is to reduce maintenance costs as well as extend service life and hours of operation. As these modes of operation will put more wear on the brakes, I believe that you can offer them an improvement via the ABV brakes.

What another feature that is raised here in the video attached to the second link, talks about how Otto is attempting to add their systems to existing trucks rather than people requiring to purchase new vehicles. This seems to fit in with what ABV does now.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/18/12533736/uber-otto-trucks-acquisition-anthony-levandoswski

http://fortune.com/2016/08/19/ubers-680-million-gut-punch-to-google/

Do you believe there is scope for ABV technology with such vehicles?
    Do you have any plans in this regards?
    Would you not agree, now that several paradigms regarding trucks are being reviewed that now would be a good time to get in on the ground floor of this wave of innovation and market opportunity?
    Do you have anyone (agents) in USA that could try to initiate contact with Otto and other similar companies in the US?
    Do you have any experience or contacts with Volvo (in the video, it seems to be Volvo truck being fitted out)?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.6¢
Change
0.002(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $21.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.7¢ 5.5¢ $26.41K 470.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 41919 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.6¢ 32200 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.33pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ABV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.