LYC 0.39% $7.75 lynas rare earths limited

academy of science show of support for lynas, page-5

1. 999 Posts.
    Hi hbunton, I quote
    " The point is someone who should, doesnt want the LAMP to start.
    I cant believe that any Government anywhere that has access to a written language could have allowed the ridiculous situation to persist as we have seen here. No functional government is that hopeless. (Ok ,ok yes I live in Australia..but apart from ours)
    And still we hope."

I could not agree with you more and the longer these delays continue the more the various conspiracy theories gain traction. Please note all of these are just theories and suppositions on my part.

1. The Chinese will lose market share and have their monopoly power diminished once the Lynas LAMP is in operation. Therefore it would be more than logical for the Chinese to encourage and support any opposition to the plant.
    2. The plant was behind schedule and over budget so the delay between February and June was just convenient cover to paper over the problems the company may or may not have been having at the plant.
    3. Malaysia's forthcoming elections have politicized the entire issue of the LAMP and the Opposition politician Fuziah Salleh has used fear and misinformation to further her own political agenda. The PM Najib Razak has been spooked by the size of the crowds the opposition has managed to get into the streets and does not want to lose the next election. So he is being super cautious in his approach. He is testing the waters and going through ALL the necessary Government agencies to ensure that no one on his side of politics (UNMO) or the Opposition can ever accuse him of setting up another ARE plant on Malaysian soil.
    4. The AELB which is staffed by public servants is a Government body set up after the debacle of the ARE plant and they must be seen to be doing their job to protect public health and safety. So we must wait until Lynas Malaysia has submitted satisfactory plans that address MOSTI's two additional conditions. As well an independent expert needs to be found to fulfill the role of monitoring the LAMP to the satisfaction of the Government and the AELB.
    This is a personal post
    As always DYOR I am not licensed to give personal advice.

best regards

jukieoz836

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.