NEU 1.15% $15.10 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

ACADIA PARTNERSHIP STOKE THERAPEUTICS, page-38

1. 5,960 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18458
    I hold a different view.

Acadia has done this deal because it needs to keep stocking/managing its pipeline.
    With the Vanderbilt pain assets now in Phase 2, Acadia has had a major gap in its pipeline with no assets at all at discovery, preclinical or Phase 1 stage.

With respect to ROW rights, I don’t believe that Acadia has the capabilities at this stage. Remember, it still only has US regulatory approval and a US-based sales for Nuplazid. So, at this point, it has neither the presence, the sales staff resources, nor the foreign regulatory expertise to take on global sales of trofinetide, imo. Going global is a possible option sometime in the future, but not now.

If Acadia holds ambitions to acquire Neuren, I imagine that it would suit them very much for Neuren to first strike a solid licensing deal/deals for the Rest of the World with experienced foreign players. Those players could then take care of all the regulatory/ launch/sales work and Acadia could pick up some tips along the way. Best of all, Acadia could benefit from a nice, nearer-term revenue stream from ROW milestones and royalties if it acquired Neuren after ROW rights have been outlicensed.

Of course, in the meantime, it wouldn't want to see the NEU shareprice run away too much ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.