NEU 0.48% $20.68 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

My guess is BB etc are not going to pay $8 billion and then 1:1...

1. 120 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    My guess is BB etc are not going to pay $8 billion and then 1:1 shares as it is beyond them. My thinking is along the lines of Taureanbull's post.

If I temper my expectations and go down an underwhelming path I would see this happening.

Acadia share price: $15 USD
    Neuren Share price: $21.50 AUD

$15 USD is $22.60 AUD

At least the 1:1 allocation would be pretty simple math.

They could pay the current market cap of Neuren or a little bit more to have the company, and then the 1:1 would give Neuren shareholders their current holdings, albeit diluted, as entry into Acadia and we get to ride the 2591 train in the future, all up $5-6 billion.

A decent premium for Neuren holders is it not? This leaves Acadia shareholders out in the cold but it is not too bad as they won't have to pay royalties now or in the future, and they have full control of 2591. Acadia then becomes a genuine big player around the world because of 2591 and BB rides with them.

I know it is not $8 billion or whatever price is thought to be fair value but I have always wondered how BB and Acadia could pull it off. Is Neuren trapped by the agreement with Acadia over indications for 2591?

Could that possibly work? A good deal for both? Is it maximising shareholder value? I think I would personally have the big bucks in hand.

I look forward to this being pulled apart as my financial education continues, as I feel there is something unmistakably flawed in what I have written but that is why I am writing it, so I can find out if this is doable or not. I am looking forward to DumbPostAvenger finding its flaws and contradictions. smile.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.68
Change
-0.100(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $2.643B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.50 $20.74 $20.01 $5.091M 247.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 156 $20.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.68 256 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.