TPM 0.00% $8.93 tpg telecom limited

ACCC -need to be held accountable, page-123

1. 3,155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 486
    IMO The testimony recently heard confirms that yes, Teoh is a genius and very sharp at negotiating.

Mike Wright, a former head of networks for Telstra and a witness for the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, said the explosion in data demand meant network operators like Vodafone needed to upgrade their networks.He said this could be done by acquiring more spectrum or improving the network by building more towers and small cells and upgrading technology.

But he said Vodafone did not have those options open to it, because there was no available new spectrum coming to auction, and it had fallen behind in the upgrade of its network to 5G"I anticipate they would need to look at ways of taking different contracts to market," he told the court. Asked how soon that would be, he said: “I would be expecting it is something you would want to do reasonably quickly.”

Teoh knew how important that spectrum was and he knew how desperately Vodafone would need it.

But the evidence he gave on Tuesday, under cross-examination by Vodafone's counsel Peter Brereton SC, appeared to support the argument that the merger would be good for competition, because it would allow Vodafone to continue to offer competitive mobile plans.That's because by merging with TPG, Vodafone will immediately gain access to TPG's 4G spectrum. TPG has no mobile operations of its own, meaning this spectrum is currently completely unused and would therefore immediately go towards easing the strain on Vodafone's existing spectrum holdings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.