TPM 0.00% $8.93 tpg telecom limited

A small win for TPG...

1. 744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 238
    A small win for TPG today....

https://www.arnnet.com.au/article/667381/tpg-cleared-allegedly-misleading-customers-over-prepayment-fee/

Quote from the article:

“It seems to me, for reasons which I will explain, that there are two fundamental difficulties with the ACCC’s case about TPG’s use of the word ‘prepayment’,” said Justice O’Callaghan, who presided over the case, in his judgement released on 11 October.

“First, it assumes that a reasonable and ordinary consumer will not read, from its beginning to its end, the clause in which the Forfeiture Term is found, which appears as part of a number of “Important Things You Need To Know”. Secondly, it relies on a myopic approach to the definition of the word ‘prepayment’,” he said.

If ACCC is classified as "myopic" by the judge in this case, then in the Vodafone/TPG merger, I would classify it as "legally blind"

---

ACCC is running amok, picking a fight with pretty much everybody: telcos, energy companies, banks, internet companies, etc.

I truly believe that Sims' time is up, let a fresh talent run the ACCC, somebody who is more practical and less hell bent on misguided preconceived ideology.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.