Yes, the UN from time to time says that there is a role for...

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    Yes, the UN from time to time says that there is a role for hydrogen to play and just as I wrote before, there probably will be some sort of a role for hydrogen in future, somewhere in the energy and transportation space.

However, even in "longer distance capability machinery", batteries will likely play an ever increasing role - look at Tesla's Semi for example.

There are so many things happening in the storage space, who is to say that there will not be solutions combining super capacitors and conventional lithium ion batteries (see: https://www.skeletontech.com/about)? I know that these all have current limitations, but the CATL announcement shows that the boundaries of some of these limitations are being pushed .

Totally agree, that it is an exciting time in the tech space as the World transitions to sustainable energy and transportation.

Incidentally, as for your post to logco - and expecting to replace your current VW Golf in about 5 years time, it was only yesterday, that I read the following:

Tesla Model Y is the first EV to become the world’s bestselling car

... beating Toyota RAV4 and Corolla. Then keep in mind that Tesla has already announced a new Giga-factory in Mexico, where they aim to manufacture an EV at half the cost of the Model3/Y platform.

I think you will be spoilt for choice buying a cheap EV in 5 years time, and the purchase of an ICE car at that stage might be considered "courageous".

Good luck with that!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.