Just noting that AEMO is saying that Australia needs to...

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    Just noting that AEMO is saying that Australia needs to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy, lest we want the lights to go out:

https://aemo.com.au/-/media/files/electricity/nem/planning_and_forecasting/nem_esoo/2023/2023-electricity-statement-of-opportunities.pdf?la=en&hash=D8CC2D9AC8D9F353194C9DD117095FB4

"This ESOO shows that imminent and urgent investment is needed to meet this opportunity, or the reliability of the NEM will be at risk."

I found this an interesting observation:

"These forecasts highlight the high value of solutions in which resources owned by consumers, such as residential electricity generation and storage devices, and increased demand flexibility, can help meet power system needs. With a high level of consumer participation and coordination of consumer energy assets and demand to help meet power system needs, the need for utility-scale solutions would be much lower."

I think AEMO is slowly waking up to the energy transition. I believe politicians - Labor included - are still not serious about the level of investment and policy focus that is required to make this happen with the least amount of pain.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.