Though I am a fool, I am happy to explain rocket.I am not saying...

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    Though I am a fool, I am happy to explain rocket.

I am not saying that as of today, everyone will, must or should buy an EV. There simply are not enough being made. I am also not saying that as of today, EVs can match ICE cars in most or all performance parameters.

However, what I am saying is that by now so man nations have legislated for the phasing out of ICE technology, that the transition to EVs is inevitable over coming decades.

The only point really up for discussion is the speed of this transition.

As for Porsche: https://www.porsche.com/international/aboutporsche/pressreleases/pag/?pool=international-de&id=639073

As of today, your favourite Porsche has committed that by 2025 - a mere 4 years from now, 50% of all of its sports cars will be plug-in electric vehicles.

The company is forcing its own management staff to switch to hybrid cars - the one you so very much despise.

The company goes further:

"Porsche will invest more than 15 billion euros in electric mobility, digital transformation and sustainable production by 2025. The company expects that half of the Porsche models delivered will be electrified in 2025. In Europe, a good third of customers already order their Porsche with electric or partially electric drive. It is forecast that this figure will even increase to more than 80 per cent worldwide in 2030. Porsche is also the first car manufacturer to set itself the goal of being carbon-neutral throughout the entire value chain by 2030."

Now fast forward to 2030. Porsche has just achieved its goal of being carbon-neutral throughout its entire value chain. Do you really think that at that stage, they are still manufacturing any ICE cars?

I am far more interested in how Porsche is going to invest the $15 billion to manage the transition. How it will secure its supply line, what battery technology expertise it can bring to market over the next 10 years...

How Porsche is going to accelerate the transition to sustainable driving...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.