Hi 10baggersI cannot talk for everyone else, but clearly there...

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    Hi 10baggers

I cannot talk for everyone else, but clearly there is a role for non-lithium batteries in the transition to net zero.

Not only are lithium ion batteries constantly being developed to be longer lasting, have more favourable battery chemistries, be able to live through a higher number of charging cycles and all of that at ever decreasing cost, but there are other types of batteries such as redox-flow batteries that even today offer different storage characteristics that make them better suited to certain applications.

I even consider pumped hydro as a battery of sorts.

I have previously on this thread expressed my personal scepticism about hydrogen being used in cars/trains/trucks and see conversion efficiencies as the main impediment - though I could be proven wrong.

As for Altech and the specific link you provided... seriously?!?

A company that tries to instil fear about lithium-ion batteries on the basis of their fire risk, ought to be viewed with a healthy level of scepticism.
    Furthermore, a company, which in October 2023 shows a curiously strangely concocted lithium price chart as shown in that link, in my eyes has already lost all credibility [have you actually looked at that chart and what data it uses?]. Personally, I would not even waste my time on a company that sells itself on such misleading information, though it might just be due to the poor research quality of EquityMates.

Sure, there are so many new batteries being developed all around the world, that at any moment, a new battery can displace lithium ion batteries from their market leading position for short-term storage. However, given the amount of capital already sunk into lithium ion production capacity, this would have to be a very compelling economic as well as technologic advantage for battery manufacturers to re-tool.

All imho

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.