For the record, I am not advocating making existing fully...

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    For the record, I am not advocating making existing fully functional ICE vehicles redundant immediately and not many (any?) EV proponents would suggest such a silly thing (happy for you to show the source, where you got that idea from).

I am merely advocating for the natural replacement cycle for vehicles to switch from new purchases being ICE cars, to more and more being EVs as EV manufacturing capacity grows.

As for your argument that a rapid uptake of EVs would make "all manner of day to day basics cost more" - if that were to indeed be the case - that is something that could slow the transition to EVs.

While the transition to EVs is driven by concerns about climate change, it is only feasible now, because EV cars are actually becoming so cheap that they will soon be cheaper than ICE cars. If there really were massive raw material price rises for battery materials, then the transition would slow dramatically.

I think you are wrong if you think that EVs will increase transport costs. They will actually reduce them - dramatically so, over time, as autonomous transportation kicks in.

However, these are actually the kind of issues that this thread is meant to discuss. The kind of bottlenecks that could slow the transition.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.