"Actually, when I first thought about this, I mistakenly thought...

1. 16,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7961
    "Actually, when I first thought about this, I mistakenly thought that as the deniers went through the 5 stages, their mutterings would become more and more subdued and humble."

Well, with the passage of time, as renewables are failing to live up the the magic pudding promise that some purported them to be, it is probably understandable why the .... eh... "deniers" (the catch-all slur that includes anyone that is not 100% compliant with the agenda) are less subdued.

Case in point, over the three years that have passed since you started this thread, global oil demand has risen from 96.6 m bbl/day to 103.9m bbl/day today (so by 7.5%... and that's with much of the global economy basically flat-lining in 2023), and is predicted by OPEC to reach 106 m bbl/day by then end of 2025.

That the EV cheerleaders and their ilk, thinking that EVs are going to be some kind of panacea, have failed to understand is how developmental economics works and how energy consumption rises exponentially during the part of the economic development S-curve passes between US$10,0000 to $25,0000 national income per capita.

Several several billions of the planet's inhabitants are currently just entering that zone.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.