"Yes, that's literally what I said. None of those factors matter...

1. 16,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7961
    "Yes, that's literally what I said. None of those factors matter in India. I'll repeat myself: technologies and contracts aren't chosen on merit for large government spend."

So no evidence of bribery and corruption in either coal or renewable contracts, but only coal is where it is all happening.

That's the conspiracy being trotted out here.

(And you have the gall to label others as deniers?)

"While not great, I believe that 1.4% increase represents a decrease in the percentage that coal was of the total energy mix globally"

What do you expect, mathematically, when the dominant energy source is mature and the fledgling energy type is growing off a minuscule base?

I love the "percentage of the energy mix" argument these days, as if that is some kind of cause for celebration, when the environment sees nominal levels of emissions, and not "% of energy mix".

That Pyrrhic victory it is a vastly different position to the siren song shouted out over several years that "Coal is dead; Renewables are going to kill coal demand."

Clearly, demand for fossil fuel is very much alive. And growing.

In the contest between the Fundamentals of Economics, and Signalling of Virtue signalling, Economics remains undefeated.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.