I don’t think anyone would disagree that our Koala populations...

1. 28,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    I don’t think anyone would disagree that our Koala populations have had a bit of a rough time since the White man began exploiting our great country but I seriously doubt that the potential for a 1-2 degree celsius variation over the next 30-100 years will be as big an impact as the loss of habitat due to loss continued land clearing.

Of course there is very little land clearing still going on for farm land but there is still plenty of “clearing” to be done, does anyone disagree?

Okay, what are the main reasons going forward that requires the destruction of Koala habitat?

I’m not sure how many coal mines are planned for in Koala habit areas but that is a possibility.
    I reckon the amount of habitat knocked over for urban sprawl/housing would dwarf that of potential mining possibilities.

Then we have those environmentally friendly energy factories, solar and wind.
    These tend to have a Bit of a Footprint on the large side and apparently we need a bucket load of them.

Both these types of energy factories need clear ground to work efficiently but they don’t have to be built in Koala habitat areas (sometimes they are though) but unfortunately these factories need to be connected up to the population.

I wonder how much Koala habitat will be lost in the attempts to build these eco friendly energy delivery systems?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.