Accelerate the World's Transition to Sustainable Energy - to fight Anthropogenic Climate Change, page-475

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    As your quoted article points out, "Climate change enables the appearance of new economic possibilities..."

So for starters, man made climate change is creating this situation.

Yes, war is a possibility and if I had some idle "worry time" to spare after working about man made climate change, COVID, China's intention in the South China Sea, etc, I'd start worrying about a war over arctic resource riches.

The faster we accelerate the transition to renewable energy, the sooner we take oil out of the equation for territorial wars. In that sense, I see your post as a strong argument for nations around the world aiming for less rather than more oil dependance.

Keep in mind that we are only just now in the process of removing our last troops from Afghanistan... a war that lasted 20 years. Can't have "terrorists" near our Middle East oil supply...

I let you predict future oil prices, but I am far more interested in seeing Australia improve its energy security by making more use of free domestic renewable energy, so that mistakes like the Iraq and Afghanistan wars do not have to be repeated in future.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.