I think you are effectively answering your own question...

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    I think you are effectively answering your own question bruce.

Since we are not talking about "a few... but hundreds of thousands even millions" of batteries

Can you - for one moment - believe that the massive amount of spent batteries could just be discarded? ... dumped into landfill?

That is exactly the change in mindset that will have to be made as we transition towards sustainability. EV manufacturers have already stated that they see these spent batteries "not as a future liability but a future asset".

The entire point of switching to EVs is that your fuel - renewable energy - is effectively free. To store this fuel you need to have infrastructure - or batteries. However, you do not destroy this infrastructure. It will get re-used. There already are many companies working on the recycling of EV batteries. This is likely to be an entire new industry of the future.

Not really interested in plastics in the context of converting it into fuel for diesel cars. There is nothing sustainable in that.

I would be much more interested in converting old plastic into new plastic... all the while reducing the amount of plastic being used.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.