Unlike you, I actually know quite a bit about large coal fired...

1. 35,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Unlike you, I actually know quite a bit about large coal fired power stations.

Have you ever actually been inside one ?

I also know quite a bit about retrofitting new equipment into existing infrastructure in heavy industry. It is not as easy as armchair blowhard experts like to think.

Especially in 2022 because of compliance issues and many, many other reasons. It is very rare to be cheaper than a new build.

Let alone introducing something like a nuclear power source which requires a whole different support structure. A structure that doesn't exist in Australia.

Then of course there's the people in those communities where the coal fired power stations are now. Do you think that they want a nuclear power station built in their community ?

I know of a particular community where this was laughingly suggested. It received a very negative response from the community.

That's why I laugh out loud at your ill informed suggestion.

Let's not forget your hilarious suggestion about bypassing Lithgow. That was something that you claimed , ahem rolleyes.png , to have expertise in.

Now you pretend to know something about large coal fired power stations and nuclear reactors.

Is there a cubby house competition to tell the biggest whopper ?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.