OK so pray tell us what is the relevance of who actually builds...

1. 12,682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    OK so pray tell us what is the relevance of who actually builds the nuclear power station for Bangladesh??

It is a nuclear power station, that is the key and the important bit.

As an aside you say it is "funded by a Russian corporation" suggesting that the Russkies are making some sort of a gift to this Third World country - perchance? WRONG! There is a financing agreement for funds to be provided by Russky State banks with interest at 1.75% but not exceeding 2%. This is the way much infrastructure, especially in Third World countries, is funded. So NO big deal.

OK so let us consider the rest of your rubbish, viz:

- Cost - We are a First World country. Currently around 55 nuclear reactors are under construction BUT you suggest we cannot afford one??
    - Complexity - This one actually takes the cake and is idiotic in the extreme. 19 countries are currently constructing nuclear reactors BUT the land of Oz has to be concerned about complexity according to you!
    - Resource requirements - Same comments as for complexity and just as stupid.
    - Tremendous problems that hang over nuclear - Do you know what "tremendous" means, perchance? Hmmmm! Yes tell that to countries which have around 440 reactors atm and around 55 under construction. Did you know that around 100 reactors are on order or planned and another 300 proposed??? I guess they would like to hear from you about the "tremendous problems"!!

BTW, I intimated earlier that you were a "DENIER" in a post! Given your post to which I am responding, I would like to make a minor adjustment. You are actually "DENIER CUBED"!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.