To @acorn and all posters interested in honest debate on this...

1. 12,682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    To @acorn and all posters interested in honest debate on this important subject.

a) Acorn said that the KIREIP had "no energy storage at all" (Post #: 62823001).

b) Having previously read a document on KIREIP on the Hydro site I called him out and said (in Post #: 62823367) "That is a blatant lie. The KIREIP system is an integrated 18m dollar system developed by Hydro Tasmania with highly innovative storage and enabling technologies. The hybrid system includes a 3MW/1.5MWh battery, two 1 MVA flywheels that significantly aid system security and stability and a 1.5 MW dynamic resistor to manage surplus renewable generation. So the statement relating to storage is wrong and demonstrably wrong."

c) In Post #: 62823504 Acorn said
    "What is it with deniers and lying ?
    The batteries were disconnected years ago as they had failures.
    The flywheels were a trial that were replaced with a modified system.
    They have been trialling a " low load diesel " system for a while last time I checked.
    Feel free to email them, as I did, for confirmation. The person you need to contact is the manager of hybrid energy solutions at hydro.com.au
    The resistor is effectively a heating element to provide a bit of load.
    It seems the dumbest troll on hc competition is alive and well."

d) In Post #: 62823766 I said: "What I said is correct AND is current. But I will contact someone I know at the HEC on Monday and post the findings on this thread as soon as I speak with him!"
    e) In Post #: 62824834 Acorn changed it to "KI has no significant energy storage system." He also said "And the waffling continues. This is great. You are digging another stupid hole displaying your ignorance.}

Result of my enquiry with Hydro Tasmania:

@acorn told us all a deliberate, unmitigated lie!

Hydro has confirmed that the battery as installed as part of the KIREIP Project is still in operation and nothing has been added or removed. The installed capacity remains at 3MW/1.5MWh but as with any battery its performance has reduced over time but it still reaches the required performance targets to maximise renewable utilisation.

@acorn has a habit of calling anyone he disagrees with "liars and deniers". He must be the greatest liar and denier of all time, IMO!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.