Accelerate the World's Transition to Sustainable Energy - to fight Anthropogenic Climate Change, page-32833

1. 921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    John Kerry is certainly not saying "Well done China"

US climate chief rails at Asian coal as geopolitical tensions shadow UN summit (ft.com)

September 2023
    “What infuriates me, frankly, and I find myself getting more and more angry about this — but we are not stopping at a broad enough scale the contributions to the problem, and by that I mean emissions are going up,” Kerry told the ministers from assembled nations. “People continue to plan and build and burn unmitigated, unabated fossil fuel.”Kerry said the scale of coal power expansion planned in Asia, which includes major producers in China, India and Indonesia, would make it “impossible to achieve 1.5 degrees” in a reference to the global temperature rise since pre-industrial times. The level was set down under the Paris accord as the ideal limit, but the world has already warmed by at least 1.1C.

China is just smoke and mirrors. They will do what they need to do and get on with business any way they see fit.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.