Accelerate the World's Transition to Sustainable Energy - to fight Anthropogenic Climate Change, page-416

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    Hey Zippo

Before I get into explaining some of the shortcomings of your logic, let me clarify a factual mistake from your latest post. I take it that when you write:

"It is a pity that the EV makers cannot keep up with demand to supply the numbers of vehicles wanted by this huge country because it could of been closer to 75% of all vehicles sold instead of 2/3rds."

... are you trying to suggest that - as you point out earlier in your post - with only 150,000 vehicles sold each year, EV manufacturers cannot keep up with Norwegian demand?

I have always been warned that sarcasm does not work that well in e-mails and digital communication. Either way, I have some bad news for you. Rather than 2/3drs of new vehicle sales in Norway being EVs, the latest figure for June 2021 is that 82.7% of new car sales are EVs:

https://thedriven.io/2021/07/02/tesla-takes-lead-again-as-norway-reports-8-out-of-10-sales-are-electric/

So, your suggestion that demand in Norway outstrips supply is faulty, by the fact that supply is already at 82.7% of new cars, exceeding the 75% figure that you suggest reflects demand (though God knows where you pull that figure from - which is always a problem with posters who do not provide sources for the figures they quote).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.