Accelerate the World's Transition to Sustainable Energy - to fight Anthropogenic Climate Change, page-6553

1. 12,716 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455

OK, so your entire argument rests on the following premise:

"The starting point is that there simply is no question, that the world must transition to net zero emissions. "

That is your view and you are entitled to it just as other posters are entitled to theirs. Your support for this is that Guvnuts all over the world are pushing for this but I see that you have pushed this out from 2050 to 2060, 2070 - no doubt because Chindia have basically given us the two finger salute. You really think it will be 2070? IMO it will be "20whatever", maybe even "21whatever" ie it will be continually pushed further out and is unlikely to be achieved by non-western countries. We in the West will cause immense harm to ourselves in trying to achieve it and give a free kick to the others.

I think you are a very good researcher unlike some others on HC. I suggest you undertake research on the increasing disquiet about MMCC and the need for net zero and the likelihood of the world coming together to achieve it.

If you are correct about AGW (and I disagree) then I suspect the best we can hope for is that we develop some mechanism to adapt to it. We will not stop it from happening because it will require a concerted effort by the world as a whole. The ONLY concerted effort will be by us in the West and we will not make up for Chindia - forget the others.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.